Physician Owned for over 40 years
Over the past decade there has been a growing and concerning trend of for-profit private equity/venture capital groups purchasing medical practices.
We are proud to announce that we remain physician-owned and have rejected buyouts which we feel would compromise our family-friendly work environment and our ability to focus on patient care rather than profit for stock holders.
We remain Northern Nevada's largest physician-owned dermatology practice and feel that the advantages of this form of practice management are reflected in the happiness of our employees at all levels within our company.
We offer quality services with a long track record of patient-based dermatologic care. Schedule an appointment and come see what sets us apart from other practices.
Established in 1979
- 1979: Founded by Dr. Charles Clemmensen, a dedicated dermatologic surgeon and Skier, who came home to the mountains of Nevada after completing his Dermatology Residency training at the University of California San Francisco.
-1982: The office was first located near Adeles Restaurant at 120 East John Street. After twelve years we relocated near the Capitol to 1100 South Carson Street.
-1998: Drs. Jay and Ruth Adams joined the practice after leaving the Air Force.
-2005: Dr. Alan Tack, a Nevada native, joined the practice after two years of practice in Florida.
-2016 In need of expanding our services and capabilities we moved to our new care center at the Carson-Tahoe Hospital campus.
-2017 Dr. Max Gratrix joined the growing practice after many years in the Army where he helped take over patient care for Dr. Clemmensen who retired at the end of the year.
-2017: Melanie Adams, PA-C and Melanie Buckley PA-C joined the practice.
-2018: Janice Jones, PA-C, PhD, returned to her home in Northern Nevada after many years of practice in Illinois.
-2020: Brianne Madsen, PA-C joins the practice.
-2021: Amy Schoening, PA-C, joins Carson Dermatology after over 15 years of dermatology practice in Carson City.